FC4 release changes

Support issues for PHREL, the Per Host RatE Limiter.

Re: FC4 release changes

Postby sella » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:07 am

Thanks for the patch, much appreciated.

I found the memset() bug while I was working on 0.9.5, but the length limitation of 28 characters I didn't know about. I've incorporated those changes into the new version. I'll try to get 0.9.5 released in the next few days.

I'm going to hold onto the RPM spec file until I get around to adding an RPM release. I've never tried to package anything with RPMs, so it might be a while.

-Jim

Bekar wrote:Just a quick patch file to get phrel-0.9.4 working under FC4. There were a few issues dealt with (not all cleanly mind you, I'm not that good at C):

* Whilst iptables could create chains (-N) with long names, it wouldn't allow names loger than 28 characters to be used as the jump target (-j) for the new rules in INPUT.

* During startup, the link-list for excludes would SIGSEV (capture.c:234), as it would go into the while loop for a 3rd time when only 2 entries were made (local-host, and eth0's ip).

* Fixed up the memset() calls, as the arguments were reversed in most of the call references.

* A quick spec file for an RPM. Still doesn't have a start-up routine, but makes it easier to transport between machines.
sella
Site Admin

New Version

Postby sella » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:32 am

Version 0.9.5has been released which fixes the issues mentioned above.

-Jim
sella
Site Admin

Return to PHREL